Hello and welcome back. Last time, we discussed how to make buttered rice with mixed vegetables. Today, I will be teaching you how to make my own secret recipe for egg fried yam fritters.Yes, I have a thing for vegetables. They’re healthy, taste good and do more for you than red meat. And I also have a thing for seafood. We’ll get there. Egg fried yam fritters is a dish that you can make for yourself, friends and family. It doesn’t take so much time but there’s a lot of grating and slicing to be done. Water yam is most often used for this recipe but you can use cocoyams if you prefer.
Here’s what you need for egg-fried yam fritters;
- A medium sized yam. (If it’s the small type, get 3). But this depends on how many people you want to feed. LOL.
- A hand grater
- 1 medium onion
- Yellow and red peppers
- A little flour
- 4 eggs
- Ground garlic
- Bouillon cubes
- Sunflower oil (You can substitute with any other oil of your choice)
- A frying pan or deep pot
- Serviettes, frying fork, and frying spoon
Here’s how you go about cooking it;
- Grate the yam(s) and onion. But, don’t grate the head with it. It’s usually a bit bitter. Put the grated yam(s) and onion in a bowl. Make sure they’re rough to touch. Slice the peppers into long thin strips.
- Cut the pepper strips in two and add to the yam mixture.
- Break the eggs in a large bowl. Mix rapidly.
- Add 1 tbs of garlic to the eggs and mix.
- Add 1 tbs of ginger to the eggs and mix.
- Add a little salt to taste.
- Add bouillon cubes if you prefer. But the mixture must not be too sharp or sour tasting.
- Add the grated yams and onions to the egg mixture and stir all together for 3 mins. The taste must be perfect. Add a little flour for consistency. The grated yams won’t break apart when you add a little flour.
- Use medium heat. Pour enough oil into a frying pan or pot. When hot enough, roll yam mixture into balls and pour into pan.
- Flip the yam balls with a fork when they turn brown. Once a deep to light brown (depending on the kind of yams you use), use the frying spoon or spatula and lift them into a sieve.
- The sieve must be lined with serviettes to help drain out excess oil from the yam fritters.
- Your egg-fried yam fritters are ready. Use toothpicks to serve on plates. They’re best eaten hot or warm.
- Serve with sauce, juice or any drink of your choice.
P.S: For more food recipes, download our app here.
Photo Credit: SisiJemimah
Thank you for reading. We appreciate and value you!
#Afmobi #Palmchat #PalmPlay