Over a period of posts, we’ll be looking at some delicious, mouthwatering and absolutely easy to make recipes that you can make all year long So, join the food-train and let’s get cooking!
Over time, I’ve learnt that you can always cook up your recipes or tweak recipes you’re used to and come up with something spectacular and delightful. Buttered rice with mixed veggies is one recipe you’ll absolutely love.
Here’s what you’ll need;
- Mushrooms (precooked)
- Sweet corn
- Spring onions
- Yellow peppers
- Red peppers
- Green peppers
- Green peas
- Butter (substitute with coconut oil if you prefer).
- Bouillon cubes.
Do you have all your ingredients ready, sliced and diced the way you want? Please make sure they’re washed. Good.
Here’s how to get cooking;
1: Cook your rice until tender. Make sure it’s not too soft. Add enough water so that you can pour into a sieve and then drain the water.
2. Heat a frying pan or pot. Make sure gas stove degree is at medium. Pour in your butter and let it melt. Please don’t use too much butter. LOL.
3. Add in the spring onions, red and green peppers, carrots and mushrooms. Stir with a spatula (I prefer wooden spatulas).
4. Add in the salt and bouillon cubes. Make sure it’s not too salty. Stir for 30 seconds and turn off the heat.
5. Pour in the rice gently and mix all together. Or you can decide not to mix in the rice and just pour the sauce on the rice when served on plates.
6. Add a little water, then add the green peas, yellow peppers and sweetcorn. Cover the pan, turn the gas cooker down to low heat. You don’t want your veggies too soft. Leave for 5 minutes, stir and then put the pan down
7. Serve rice and mixed veggies on plates and then put lettuce sprigs on the side to make a balanced and colorful meal.
8. Have a fantastic time with family and friends.
Easy to cook, right and absolutely delicious? Wonderful.
P.S: For more food recipes, download our app here.