“The face is a picture of the mind as the eyes are its interpreter.”- Roman philosopher Cicero
“The eyes are the windows to the soul”.
We’re more than likely familiar with this more modern version of Cicero’s saying because it is true. If you want to know some things about a person, just check their eyes. Eyes are like pictures that speak louder than a million words. And I believe this is why a whole lot of people have begun to pay attention to their eyes (which other people also pay attention to a lot). When your eyes are bright and sparkling, it often means you’re happy and in good health. But if your eyes are all bloodshot, squinty and dark, it could make you look older than you really are.
One statement that we often do not like to hear is “you look tired”. We hate it because they must have figured from our eyes exactly how tired or stressed out or hung-over we are.
But here’s the upside; the more you know about your eyes, the easier it is to keep them bright, clear and sparkling. How? Once you know some epic and totally easy lifestyle tweaks, coupled with some smart makeup tricks, you can look more like yourself than a zombie version of you.
So, here are 5 epic tips to give you clear and sparkling eyes…naturally.
Do some eye exercises.
There are some really simple eye exercises that can help to relax and brighten up your eyes. They also help to reduce eye strain and improve blood circulation to the eyes.
Some of these eye exercises are;
- Shut your eyes and squeeze them tightly. Then open them as quickly as possible and as wide as possible. Until your eyes begin to water, don’t stop. This eye exercise will help put the spark back in your eyes.
- Move a pencil or pen horizontally and vertically in front of your eyes. Make sure you keep your eyes focused on the tip of the pen. You can do this for 10 to 15 minutes each day.
- Rub the palms of your hands together until they become warm. Place your warm hands over your closed eyelids for a few minutes.
2. Use cucumbers or chilled potato slices.
With cucumber slices, you can comfort and relax dull and tired eyes. This is because the high water content in cucumbers help to brighten up tired eyes. They also help to reduce dark circles and under-eye puffiness.
To use cucumbers or potato slices to get clear and sparkling eyes,
- Cut a few thick slices and put them in a refrigerator for 10-20 minutes.
- Put the chilled slices over your closed eyelids until they (cucumber or potato slices) become warm.
- Wash your eyes with water
- Repeat the process if you need to.
3. Rose water
Rose water is another cool way to clear and brighten your eyes. Its soothing effect helps rejuvenate the skin around the eyes and reduce dark circles and eye puffiness.
To use rose water;
- Dip 2 cotton balls in cold rose water.
- Lie down and place the wet cotton balls over your closed eyelids.
- Leave them on for 10 to 15 minutes, then wash your eyes with regular water.
- Follow this treatment as needed.
4. You have to keep your eyes hydrated
If you want really clear and bright eyes, you have to keep them hydrated.
To hydrate your eyes;
- Splash your eyes with room-temperature water a few times daily. This will help get rid of tired and dull eyes.
- To prevent dry eyes, avoid staring at your computer screen for too long. Blink often to prevent your eyes from drying out.
- Also, drink plenty of water and eat water-based fruits and vegetables.
5. Eye massage
Massaging your eyes gently is also an epic way to get you some sparkling eyes. Massage improves blood circulation to the eyes, which in turn reduces eye strain and prevents crow feet (before you’re meant to have them).
To massage your eyes;
- Put a few drops of olive or coconut oil on your fingers.
- Using your fingers, gently massage the inner corners, the center of your brows, the outer corners and just below the eyes.
- Do this eye massage at least once daily.
Bonus Tip: Tea bags
Green and black tea bags can help reduce eye strain and restore the natural clarity and glow of your eyes. The anti-irritant and antioxidant properties in tea bags help reduce swelling around your eyes as well as redness.
To use tea bags for clear eyes;
- Steep 2 tea bags in a cup of hot water for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags, squeeze out the excess water and put them in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Place the chilled teabags over your closed eyes and let them sit for 5 minutes.
- Repeat this treatment as often as you like.
I hope these 5 epic tips for clear and sparkling eyes are helpful. Don’t forget to like, comment and share.